The Fukien tea tree is a beautiful bonsai and a popular choice because of it’s thick knotted trunk, it’s evergreen and blooms frequently.
Only 3 left in stock
About Fukien Tea
For those up to the challenge, the Fukien tea tree promises a beautiful, graceful bonsai. The Fukien tea tree is popular for bonsai because it easily develops a thick and knotted trunk, is evergreen, blooms frequently and has tiny lobed leaves.
Fukien tea trees are not picky about the quality or make up of soil they are planted in, but it is essential that drainage is maintained at all times. The most common problem with Fukien bonsai is rotting roots from compacted, soggy soil.
The Fukien tea tree prefers soil that ranges from moist to slightly dry. The best practice for watering (link to watering page) a Fukien bonsai is to give it a good watering and then wait for days or weeks until the soil is getting dry before adding more liquid.
Under-watering a Fukien tea tree bonsai can result in the leaves looking shriveled. This can usually be reversed, if caught early, by watering the plant immediately. If water doesn’t arrive in time, the dried out leaves will turn black and drop off the plant. Expect regrown leaves in one to two months.
Top tips for Fukien Tea Bonsai:
- Soil – This plant likes well-drained soil.
- Fertilisation – You can use houseplant feed fortnightly in spring and summer and once a month during autumn and winter. Although a ‘houseplant’ feed will still do the job, it is recommendable to use a specific Bonsai-labelled fertiliser. As it’ll support the vital thirteen nutrients that this species will need to grow.Directly applying a ‘ready to pour’ feed into the soil without a pre-water beforehand will burn the roots.
- Common pest – Not common to get pest. In rare cases spider mites, scale and whiteflies can occur.
Fukien Tea Bonsai is toxic to humans and pets. When eaten it can cause burning and swelling of the lips, tongue and throat and it can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Please note: this product DOES include a pot and a drip tray.
Only 3 left in stock
How To Care For Fukien Tea
Delivery & Returns
Buy your plants online from us and get hassle-free delivery direct to your door.
- Free Standard Delivery on all orders £75 and above (3-5 working days)
- Standard Delivery (3-5 working days) at £5 inc VAT
- Express Delivery (1-2 working days) on orders made before 12 noon – £12 inc VAT
Or, if you live locally and would prefer to avoid paying the delivery fee, you are welcome to come pick up your parcel from us in Bolton.
We ensure you’re always happy with your purchase, so if you’re plant or pot is damaged or not quite up to scratch upon arrival, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll process your complaint accordingly and offer a free replacement or return in most cases.